Clinton Connecticut 06413
Clinton CT Town Travel Business Information
Clinton, Connecticut traces its history from 1663 when the land between Guilford and Saybrook, as they were then bounded, was known as Homonoscitt. This year a committee was appointed by the General Court at Hartford to lay out this area as a plantation. In 1667 the settlement was designated a town and named Kenilworth.
By the middle of the eighteenth century, through changes in usage, this name became Killingworth. In 1838 the southern portion was incorporated by the General Assembly as the Town of Clinton, the northern portion retaining the name of Killingworth. The line marking the division between the towns of Killingworth and Clinton was the same as that which divided the first and second ecclesiastical societies, or, as they were later known, “school societies,” which were established in 1735.
To share any Clinton, CT information with us, please contact us.
Clinton Connecticut Town Guide
Clinton, CT Population:
Clinton CT Local Information
Clinton Police Dispatch: 860-669-0451
Clinton Fire Department: 860-669-8686
Ambulance Service: 911
Town Hall Telephone: 860-669-9101
Clinton Post Office: 860-669-4155